1st Class Engineer Written Test 05/27/2003
- Name 3 methods use to remove particulates in a coal fired boiler
- Explain what a zeolite softer is and it’s operation
- Describe a stiff shaft, and flexible shaft turbine
- What is the purpose of flux on a welding rod
- In an impulse turbine is there a pressure drop in the wheel, where does it occur
- How do you check the over speed controls on a turbine
- You are ordering a new blow off tank for a boiler with 700 psi MAWP steam and water drum 42” diameter, 24’ long, What code is used to determine the proper size of the blow down tank
- How do you calculate the efficiency of an engine
- List 6 common reasons for vibration in a turbine
- Where would you expect to find damage from excessive vibration
- Lube oil conditioner system 4 types describe all 4
- Give reasons for a temperature increase in cooling water in a condenser
- Why do we use an air pump or air ejector with a condenser
- List there ways to seal a turbine
- List two methods used to balance a turbine and explain one in detail
- What is Boyles law, What is Charles law
- Besides the lower maintenance costs give some reasons for the use of superheated steam in a plant
- PH increases 9-11 how much is the increase?
Copy & Paste the question above into the search box to find your answer.
Remember it is how the applicants remembered the questions. Note: Exams are not the original content may be different.
Visit www.massengineers.com for more engineering exams and job opportunities.
Massengineers website now has out of print, and used engineering books sell. Hard to find classic and collectible steam engineering, power plant, steam boiler books.
Send Exams to RussReeves@massengineers.com