1. What is a pressure reducing valve?
2. Explain how to put an isolated P.R.V. into service.
3. Describe latent and sensible heat?
4. Give two main reasons why gas is used for a pilot.
5. Is there more than one type of fusible plug? If so, describe them.
6. What effect would partial blockage of the water connection have on the water level during operation?
7. 3 ways heat is transferred. Explain
8. Define horsepower according to the A.S.M.E.
9. How does too much excess air affect combustion efficiency?
10. How would you know if a closed feed water heater was leaking?
11. List the precautions you should take when operating a soot blower.
12. Define corrosion. Define erosion.
13. Name 3 causes of a BAG in a fire tube boiler?
14. Why is there a relief valve on the discharge side of a positive displacement pump?
15. What are the combustible elements in fuel?
16. Define combustion.
17. You have a 2000 gallon tank filled with water. How much does the water weigh?
18. What is an economizer, what does it do, and where is it located?
19. Does a cast iron boiler need a bottom blow down? If so, what is the minimum size?
20. Take a boiler off line with two stop valves, boilers in battery, with another boiler still in service.